[SOLVED] Umbraco Cms 13 on Azure Web App with SQLLite results in 500.30?
# help-with-umbraco


01/30/2024, 10:09 AM
Hi! I am trying to upload a Umbraco Cms 13 website to the Azure Web App but I keep receiving the following message: HTTP Error 500.30 - ASP.NET Core app failed to start Common solutions to this issue: The app failed to start The app started but then stopped The app started but threw an exception during startup Troubleshooting steps: Check the system event log for error messages Enable logging the application process' stdout messages Attach a debugger to the application process and inspect For more guidance on diagnosing and handling these errors, visit Troubleshoot ASP.NET Core on Azure App Service and IIS. I have added this to my
In my appsettings.release.json, it looks like this: { "ConnectionStrings": { "umbracoDbDSN": "Data Source=|DataDirectory|/Umbraco.sqlite.db;Cache=Shared;Foreign Keys=True;Pooling=True", "umbracoDbDSN_ProviderName": "Microsoft.Data.Sqlite" } }
{"@t":"2024-01-30T09:55:43.3027878Z","@mt":"Acquired MainDom.","SourceContext":"Umbraco.Cms.Core.Runtime.MainDom","ProcessId":4816,"ProcessName":"w3wp","ThreadId":1,"ApplicationId":"ea6c9907b5dfb977abd279e5dd977d85f29f78cb","MachineName":"DW1MDWK000172","Log4NetLevel":"INFO "} {"@t":"2024-01-30T09:55:43.5627613Z","@mt":"Configured database is reporting as not being available.","@l":"Warning","@x":"Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 14: 'unable to open database file'.\r\n at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException.ThrowExceptionForRC(Int32 rc, sqlite3 db)\r\n at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteConnectionInternal..ctor(SqliteConnectionStringBuilder connectionOptions, SqliteConnectionPool pool)\r\n at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteConnectionPool.GetConnection()\r\n at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteConnectionFactory.GetConnection(SqliteConnection outerConnection)\r\n at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteConnection.Open()\r\n at Umbraco.Extensions.DbConnectionExtensions.IsAvailable(IDbConnection connection)","SourceContext":"object","ProcessId":4816,"ProcessName":"w3wp","ThreadId":1,"ApplicationId":"ea6c9907b5dfb977abd279e5dd977d85f29f78cb","MachineName":"DW1MDWK000172","Log4NetLevel":"WARN "} Seem to not be able to access or create the SQLLite
Ok hade to explicitely add it to the output of the project, since the creation of a SqlLite file never occured on a fresh installment of Azure WebApp:


01/30/2024, 10:40 AM
Just note that you will overwrite the live database on each deploy to live, so any changes on your live site will be lost and will be overwritten with the local version of your site. Instead, I would recommend using something like uSync to help you deploy changes from local to live.


01/30/2024, 3:29 PM
Yeah precisely
Will exclude the umbrac path with SQLLite and everything once I got the live site up (y)